Buyer's To Do List
For the Buyer: What to bring to a closing.
We want your closing experience to run as smoothly as possible. Please bring with you the following so that our mutual goal is achieved:
- A valid driver’s license or other photo identification, i.e., a passport or visa, for each borrower.
- The declaration page for your homeowner’s insurance and your flood insurance if your lender requires you obtain flood insurance. Please have your insurance agent fax us (502.412.4380) a copy of each declaration page, at least two business days prior to closing, if you do not have a copy. Please also bring a paid receipt for the first year’s premium for each insurance policy, unless the insurance premium is being paid at closing.
- A copy of your closing statement from the sale of your home if your closing at our office involves you purchasing a home.
- Any documents your loan officer requested you bring to closing.
- A certified, cashier or attorney’s escrow check for any money due from you made payable to yourself. We will not accept cash or a personal check for any amount over $250.00. Please bring a certified, cashier or attorney’s escrow check made payable to you and equal to the amount reflected on your “Good Faith Estimate of Settlement Charges” if the amount you must bring to closing is unknown due to the closing being a last minute closing. You will endorse any check you bring to closing and deliver the check to the person handling your closing.
- Pest inspection report dated within 30 days of closing.
- The original, signed power of attorney if a power of attorney is being used at closing for one of the borrowers. Please fax us (502. 412.4380) the power of attorney at least two business days prior to closing if we did not provide you with the power of attorney.